Buying a property in Turkey, regardless of its value, is already the basis for obtaining a residence permit in Turkey (residence permit).
Applicant’s residence permit must be owned or spouse-owned (marriage bonds must be formalized) real estate.
Parents under the care of children and children who have not reached the age of majority (18 years old) can also take advantage of this opportunity.
The long-term residence permit issues are handled by the departments of the Immigration Service where the real estate is located.
Documents required for this:
1. Photocopy Tapu;
2. 4 color, biometric photos 4x5cm;
3. Individual tax number (ITN) (available from the tax office at the place of registration);
4. Bank statement, confirming that the owner of property has $ 6,000 ($ 500 for each month of residence);
5. International medical insurance for the entire stay in Turkey (note: insurance is issued only in the territory of the Turkish Republic).
6. The process of issuing a residence permit takes from 14 days to 2 months.
The conditions also changed: according to the previous rules, the applicant for a residence permit was obliged to stay in Turkey for the entire period of a residence permit and to receive the documents personally. Now this is not required. Ready documents (plastic card-visa) will be sent by registered mail to the address of your real estate, and your authorized representative, who may be, say, the manager of the complex, can receive them.
7. According to the new rules, a residence permit on the basis of the acquisition of real estate can be issued immediately for 2 years (it used to be 1 year), then it can and should be renewed.
Please note: to extend the residence permit, according to the new rules, documents must be submitted 10 days before the expiry date of the residence permit.
8. Violation of the terms for reissuing a visa will result in the need to repeat the entire procedure for obtaining a residence permit.
If a foreign citizen has a property in Turkey and he has a residence permit in Turkey, then this fact is the basis for obtaining a residence permit also by the family members of the owner. A residence permit can get a spouse, parents in care (retirees) and children till the age of 18 years. All other relatives over 18 years old, parents, brothers, sisters can obtain a residence permit only if the owner has Turkish citizenship.
9. Also, according to the new law, if you wish to include your minor children in the residence permit, then an apostille must be on the document of birth.